► Viracopos Airport
- Ministério da Defesa (Ministry of the Defense)
Through the Civil Aviation Secretariat, it coordinates and supervises the bodies and entities responsible for the management, regulation and inspection of the airport and air navigation infrastructure. Elaborates studies, projections and information related to issues of civil aviation, airport infrastructure and air navigation, helping form guidelines for the national policy of civil aviation.
- Empresa Brasileira de Infraestrutura Aeroportuária—Infraero (Brazilian Company of Airport Infrastructure)
Linked to the Ministry of the Defense, the purpose of Infraero is to implement, manage, operate and explore the airport infrastructure and the infrastructure for the support of air navigation (airports, supporting units and load logistics terminals), besides rendering services of consultation and assessment in its areas of performance and in the construction of airports. The International Airport of Viracopos, in Campinas, is managed by Infraero.
- Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil – Anac (National Agency of Civil Aviation)
Linked to the Ministry of Defense, its attributions are: granting air services, as well as aeronautical and airport infrastructure; approval of the airports’ master plans; management of conflicts of interest between renderers of air services and of aeronautical and airport infrastructure; establishment of the rating regime for the exploration of the airport infrastructure; repression and sanction to infractions concerning the users’ rights; regulation of administration and exploration activities of aerodromes, performed by Infraero.
- Ministério do Desenvolvimento, Indústria e Comércio Exterior (Ministry of the Development, Industry and Foreign Trade)
Through the Secretariat of Foreign Trade – Secex, it offers statistical data on Brazilian exports and imports, including the information regarding the moving of loads at the Viracopos’ Airport. The data may be classified according to the following variables: article, country of origin or destiny, economic block, means of transportation, embarking or disembarking port/airport, among others.
- Ministério da Agricultura, Pecuária e Abastecimento (Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply)
Its area of operation is based on the search of animal and plant health, the organization of the agribusiness productive chain, the agricultural policy modernization, the exports incentive, the sustainable use of the natural resources and the social welfare.
- Companhia Nacional de Abastecimento – Conab (National Food Supply Company)
Linked to the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply, Conab is responsible for managing the agricultural and supply policies nationwide, aiming at ensuring the assistance of the basic needs of the society through the preservation and stimulation of market mechanisms.
- Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária – Embrapa (Brazilian Agricultural Research Company)
Linked to the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply, Embrapa´s purpose is to make solutions for the sustainable development of rural areas feasible, focusing on agribusiness by means of generating, adapting and transferring knowledge and technology.
- Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística – IBGE (Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics)
Subordinated to the Ministry of Planning, Budget and Administration, IBGE produces and analyzes social, demographic and economic statistical information. The agriculture statistics produced by the IBGE has as its core the Agriculture Census, which investigates the land organization, the occupation profile of the labor force and the technological level incorporated to the productive process, among other subjects. For the sector annual follow-up, the Municipal Agricultural Research and the Municipal Livestock Research stands out among others.
- Secretaria Estadual de Agricultura e Abastecimento (State Secretariat of Agriculture and Supply)
Its main attributions are to implement and improve agricultural policies; disseminate and adapt technology to the rural producers; research and develop new crop varieties; implement food security policies; develop the infrastructure systems of side roads and bridges for the flowing of production; develop food security and supply policy. Through the São Paulo Agency of Agribusiness Technology (Apta), it coordinates the six institutes below:
- Instituto Agronômico de Campinas – IAC (Agronomic Institute of Campinas)
Its purpose is to generate and transfer science and technology for the agricultural business, aiming at optimizing the crop production systems and the socioeconomic development with environmental quality. Aims at cooperating on food security and competitiveness of the agricultural products in domestic and foreign markets.
- Instituto de Zootecnia – IZ (Zootechnics Institute)
Aims at developing and transfer technology and inputs for the sustainability of animal production systems. IZ develops research in the areas of genetic improvement of forage crops, foragiculture and pastures; livestock grazing; reproduction; ethology and ambiance; production and quality of meat and milk; silvopastoral activities; production of intelligent systems for data searching and management.
- Instituto Biológico – IB (Biological Institute)
It aims at developing and transferring scientific and technological knowledge to the agricultural business in the areas of animal and plant health and its relations with the environment. IB develops a large number of research programs and participate in health campaigns against foot-and-mouth disease (FMD), rabies, tuberculosis and brucellosis, among other diseases.
- Instituto de Economia Agrícola – IEA (Institute of Agricultural Economics)
It aims at contributing to the economic and social development through elaborating of research, suggestions for public policy, development and dissemination of statistical data on agricultural economy. IEA studies are carried out in the areas of agricultural markets, public policies, regional development, rural administration, foreign trade, environment, socioeconomic relations, statistics and econometrics.
- Instituto de Pesca (Fishery Institute)
Its attributions are to conduct research for the sustainable development of the production chains for fisheries and aquaculture, seeking technological innovations that may increase productivity and improve the variety and quality of the production, contributing to the regional sustainable development of the agribusiness linked to fishery and aquaculture.
- Instituto de Tecnologia de Alimentos – Ital (Institute of Food Technology)
Its attribution is the research, development, technological assistance and dissemination of technical and scientific knowledge in the area of food technology. Among the works developed by the Ital those relating to the increase of the useful life of the products, development of new products, processes and packaging and reduction of the production costs, without loss of quality, stand out.
- Coordenadoria de Assistência Técnica Integral – Cati (Integral Technical Assistance Coordination)
An entity of the Secretary of Agriculture and Supply of the State of São Paulo, it aims at promoting sustainable rural development through actions such as adaptation, dissemination and transfer of technologies for agricultural production; training of professionals, producers and workers linked to agribusiness; inspection and quality control of agricultural inputs and animal and plant products and by-products; promotion of soil and water conservation, among others.
► Social Service
- Arquivo Público do Estado de São Paulo (Public Archives of the States of São Paulo)
Linked to the State Secretariat of the Civil House, aims at collecting, process and make publicly available any material of historical character produced by the Executive Power of São Paulo. Among other attributions, it is up to the Public Archives of the States of São Paulo the formulation and implementation of state policy for file and document management and implementation of municipal public policies for document management in the State of Sao Paulo.
- Ministério da Previdência Social (Ministry of Social Welfare)
It has in its area of competence the social security and the complementary social security. The income transferred by the social security is used to replace the income of the taxpayer worker when he loses the capacity to work due to illness, disability, old age, death, involuntary unemployment, maternity and imprisonment. The Ministry also operates in the inspection of the closed entities of complementary social security (pension funds).
- Ministério do Desenvolvimento Social e Combate à Fome (Ministry of Social Development and Fight Against Hunger)
It has among its areas of competence, the national policies of social development, food and nutrition security, welfare and citizenship income; articulation with civil society and the federal, state, Federal District and municipal governments; management of the National Welfare Fund and the Fight and Eradication of Poverty Fund; coordination, control and evaluation of the operationalization of programs of income transfer.
- Secretaria Especial de Políticas para as Mulheres (Special Secretariat of Policies for Women)
Acts in the formulation, coordination and articulation of policies for women; develops and implements nationwide educational and anti-discrimination campaigns; articulates, promotes and implements cooperation programs with other institutions; promotes the follow-up of the implementation of affirmative action legislation and definition of public actions aiming at fulfilling the agreements, conventions and action plans signed by Brazil on aspects regarding women’s equality and against discrimination.
- Secretaria Especial dos Direitos Humanos (Special Secretariat for Human Rights)
Acts in the formulation of policies and guidelines aimed at promoting children, adolescents, the elderly, minorities and persons with disabilities rights of citizenship; coordinates the national policy on human rights; articulates initiatives and supports projects aimed at protecting and promoting human rights nationwide and perform the function of general-ombudsman of children, adolescents, the elderly and minorities citizenship.
- Secretaria Especial de Políticas de Promoção da Igualdade Racial (Special Secretariat for Policies to Promote Racial Equality)
It aims at establishing initiatives against racial inequality in the country. Some of its main goals are to promote equality and protection of the rights of individuals, racial groups and ethnic groups affected by discrimination and other forms of intolerance, with an emphasis on black people; follow-up and coordination of various ministries and other government agencies policies to promote racial equality; the articulation, promotion and follow-up of various programs of cooperation with public and private, national and international agencies.
- Secretaria Estadual de Assistência e Desenvolvimento Social (State Secretariat of Social Welfare and Development)
Its purpose is to ensure to citizens and groups in situations of social and personal vulnerability the rights and access to goods and services through the formulation, coordination and evaluation of the Welfare and Social Development policy and the carrying out of partnerships for the income transfer and generation.
- Secretaria Estadual dos Direitos da Pessoa com Deficiência (State Secretariat for Rights of Persons with Disabilities)
It has, inter alia, the attributions of formulating public policies and guidelines aimed at people with disabilities and their families; to establish partnerships with civil society organizations linked to the cause of disabled people; to stimulate and support the implementation of improvements in basic areas of service to the person with disability; to promote actions of awareness to the various sectors of society about problems, needs, capabilities and rights of persons with disabilities.
- Cidadão.SP (Citizen.SP)
Web Portal to facilitate access to more than 2 thousand services and information provided by the State of Sao Paulo. It also includes the main services provided within the federal and municipal spheres.
- Ministério da Cultura (Ministry of Culture)
Its main attributions are the formulation and implementation of the Brazilian policy for culture; planning, coordination and supervision of cultural activities; protection of the Brazilian historical and cultural heritage.
- Fundação Casa de Rui Barbosa – FCRB (Rui Barbosa’s House Foundation)
Linked to the Ministry of Culture, Rui Barbosa’s House Foundation (FCRB) aims at promoting the preservation and research of the literary and humanistic memory as well as congregates initiatives for reflection and debate about the Brazilian culture.
- Fundação Cultural Palmares – FCP (Palmares Cultural Foundation)
The Palmares Cultural Foundation is an entity linked to the Ministry of Culture which aims at promoting the preservation of cultural, social and economic values resulting from the black culture influence in the formation of Brazilian society.
- Fundação Nacional de Artes – Funarte (National Foundation of Arts)
Linked to the Ministry of Culture, Funarte’s main objective is to encourage and sustain, throughout the country and abroad, the practice, development and diffusion of artistic and cultural activities in the areas of performing arts (drama, dance and circus) visual arts and music.
- Fundação Biblioteca Nacional – BN (National Library Foundation of Brazil)
Linked to the Ministry of Culture, aims at ensuring the collection, recording and custody of the national intellectual production, enable the control, development and dissemination of the current Brazilian Bibliography, and contribute to the protection and preservation of the language and culture of the country. Through the National System of Public Libraries, it acts to the strengthen the public libraries of the country.
- Instituto do Patrimônio Histórico e Artístico Nacional – Iphan (National Institute of the Historic and Artistic Heritage)
Linked to the Ministry of Culture, Iphan is responsible for preserving the diversity of the contributions of the different elements that compose the Brazilian society and its ecosystems. It operates in the areas of inspection, protection, identification, restoration, preservation and revitalization of monuments, sites and assets of the country.
- Conselho Nacional de Política Cultural – CNPC (National Council for Cultural Policy)
Entity of the Ministry of Culture, the National Council for Cultural Policy aims at proposing the formulation of public policies in order to promote the articulation and the debate between the different levels of government and the organized civil society, for the development and promotion of cultural activities in the national territory.
- Secretaria Estadual da Cultura (State Secretariat of Culture)
Its purpose is to formulate and implement public policies aiming the excellence in the preservation of cultural heritage, stimulate artistic production and ensuring access to culture to the population of the State of São Paulo.
- Conselho de Defesa do Patrimônio Histórico, Arqueológico, Artístico e Turístico do Estado – Condephaat (Council for the Defense of the Historical, Archaeological, Artistic and Touristic Heritage)
It aims to protect, promote and disseminate the cultural heritage in the State of Sao Paulo. The properties landmarked by Condephaat are a set of representations of the history and culture in the State of Sao Paulo, composed of assets, buildings, monuments, districts, historic centers and natural areas.
► Civil Defense
- Civil Defense of the State of São Paulo
The Civil Defense objective is to plan and promote the permanent defense against natural or man-made disasters, work in the imminence of or in situation of disaster, preventing and minimizing damages, helping and assisting affected populations, recover areas affected by disasters. In its website weather forecast is made available to all municipalities and regions of the state, besides information such as flooding points and warning indices.
► Economic Development
- Ministério da Fazenda (Ministry of Finance)
Takes care of the formulation and execution of the country’s economic policy. Besides participating in economic and financial negotiations with governments, multilateral bodies and governmental agencies, the Ministry of Finance is responsible for issues such as: currency, credit, financial institutions, capitalization, popular savings, private insurances and open private pension funds, among others.
- Ministério do Desenvolvimento, Indústria e Comércio Exterior (Ministry of the Development, Industry and Foreign Trade)
Among the many areas in which it works, it’s possible to emphasize those related to policies and to the development of the industry, the commerce and the services; intellectual property and technology transfer; metrology, normalization and industrial quality; regulation and execution of policies, activities and programs related to the foreign trade; application of mechanisms for the commercial defense, among others.
- Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Econômico e Social – BNDES (Brazilian Social and Economic Development Bank)
Linked to the Ministry of the Development, Industry and Foreign Trade, the purpose of BNDES is to support projects which contribute to the country’s development. The institution finances great industrial and infrastructure projects, having an outstanding position in the support of investments in agriculture, commerce and sevices and in micro-, small- and medium-sized companies, as well as in what regards social investments.
- Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada – Ipea (Institute of Applied Economic Research)
Linked to the Secretariat of Strategic Issues of the Presidency of the Republic, Ipea performs macroeconomic, sectorial, regional, urban and social researches and studies, with the objective of offering technical and institutional support in the formulation and reformulation of public policies and Brazilian programs of development.
- Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística – IBGE (Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics)
Subordinated to the Ministry of Planning, Budgeting and Management, IBGE produces and analyzes social, demographic and economic information, also acting in the structuring and implementation of a system with environmental information and in the coordination of national statistical and cartographic systems.
- Secretaria de Planejamento e Desenvolvimento Regional (State Secretary of Economy and Planning)
Organizes and manages the State’s sectorial-regional planning system, promoting the articulation of the Government’s several bodies in the formulation of public policies for the economic and social development. Coordinates and elaborates the Budget Guidelines Law, the Multiannual Plan and the State’s Budget. Articulates the activities of the Public-Private Partnership State Program, with the purpose of promoting investments in fundamental areas and improving the quality of the public services rendered. It is also responsible for the executive secretariat of the Privatization State Program.
- Fundação Sistema Estadual de Análise de Dados – Seade (Data Analysis State System Foundation)
Subordinated to the Secretariat of Economics and Planning, the Seade Foundation is a center of socioeconomic and demographic researches, analyses and statistics on the State of São Paulo. It is responsible for the creation of procedures and methodologies nationally recognized in surveys about the job market, economic activities, life conditions, vital statistics and municipal public administration. Among its several attributions, it calculates, in partnership with IBGE, the GNP of the State of São Paulo and of its municipalities.
- Serviço Brasileiro de Apoio às Micro e Pequenas Empresas – Sebrae SP (Brazilian Service for the Support of Micro and Small Enterprises)
Non profit institution whose purpose is to stimulate and promote the development of the entrepreneurship and of small-sized companies in the State of São Paulo. It works in the following areas: entrepreneurial guidance, education and development of the entrepreneurial culture, territorial development and access to markets, among others.
- Ministério da Educação (Ministry of Education)
The Ministry of Education is responsible for the areas of national policy on education, children education, elementary school, high school, higher education, youth and adults education, professional education, special education and distance learning, except military education, assessment, educational research and information, university research and extension, teaching, financial assistance to needy families for the education of their children or dependents.
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior – Capes (Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Professionals)
The Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Professionals (Capes), linked to the Ministry of Education, develops activities in the following lines of action: evaluation of graduate education; access and dissemination of the scientific production; investments in the formation of high level resources in the country and abroad; and promotion of the international scientific cooperation.
- Instituto Nacional de Estudos e Pesquisas Educacionais Anísio Teixeira – Inep (National Institute for Educational Research and Studies – Anísio Teixeira)
The National Institute for Educational Research and Studies – Anísio Teixeira (INEP), linked to the Ministry of Education, aims at promoting studies, researches and evaluations on the Brazilian Educational System. Among the main statistical surveys and assessment tools developed by INEP, the Basic Education Development Index (Ideb); the National System for Basic Education Evaluation (Saeb); the National Secondary Education Examination – Enem, School Census, Higher Education Census and Undergraduate Courses Evaluation stand out.
- Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia (Ministry of Science and Technology)
Its area of competence covers the scientific and technological heritage and its development; the policy of cooperation and exchanges concerning this heritage; the definition of the National Science and Technology Policy; the coordination of sectorial policies; the national policy of research, development, production and application of new high technology materials and services.
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico – CNPq (National Council of Scientific and Technological Development)
An agency of the Ministry of Science and Technology, the CNPq is dedicated to the promotion of scientific and technological research and training of human resources for research in the country. It offers several types of scholarships for high school, undergraduate and graduate students, newly qualified doctors and already experienced researchers. Another way of support provided by CNPq is the support to the research, offered in the form of subsidy to scientific publications, support for qualification of researchers or promotion of scientific meetings and conferences.
- Financiadora de Estudos e Projetos – Finep (Projects Financing Agency)
The Projects Financing Agency (Finep), linked to the Ministry of Science and Technology, aims at promoting and financing innovation and scientific and technological research in companies, universities, technological institutes, research centers and other public or private institutions. While CNPq’s priority is to support individuals, by means of scholarships and aids, FINEP encourages science, technology and innovation actions in public and private institutions.
- Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia – IBICT (Brazilian Institute of Information for Science and Technology)
The Brazilian Institute of Information for Science and Technology (IBICT), linked to the Ministry of Science and Technology, is a national center for research, scientific exchange, training and improvement of scientists. It aims at contributing to the science, technology and innovation progress in the country, through the development of communication and information in these areas.
- Secretaria Estadual da Educação (State Secretariat of Education)
The State Secretariat of Education has, among others, the attributions of managing and accounting for the implementation of education programs in accordance with the policy and guidelines set by the government, and stimulating the professional development of the servants of the Secretariat. The state system ensures the provision of elementary education, under a collaboration regimen with the municipalities, and offers prioritarily secondary education.
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo – Fapesp (Foundation of Research Support of the State of São Paulo)
The Foundation of Research Support of the State of São Paulo (Fapesp), linked to the the Secretariat of Higher Education, supports the scientific and technological research, exchange and dissemination of science and technology produced in the State of Sao Paulo. Such support is provided by means of scholarships and support to research which cover all areas of knowledge.
- Ministério das Cidades (Ministry of Municipalities)
Takes care of the urban development policy and of housing, environmental sanitation, urban transportation and traffic sectorial policies. Through Caixa Econômica Federal, the funds’ operator, the Ministry works together with states, municipalities, social entities, non-governmental organizations, the private sector and other segments of society.
- Secretaria Estadual da Habitação (State Secretary of Housing)
Responsible for the management of the housing policy of the Government of the State of São Paulo. Through CDHU – Companhia de Desenvolvimento Habitacional e Urbano do Estado de São Paulo (the State of São Paulo’s Housing and Urban Development Company), it makes it possible to build popular homes for the low income population. Authorizes land developments, divisions and regularizations in the Metropolitan Regions of the Great São Paulo, Campinas and Baixada Santista.
- Empresa Brasileira de Estudos do Patrimônio – Embraesp (Brazilian Company for Landmark Studies)
Private company which offers independent real estate consulting services, elaborating technical reports on the assessment of properties, assessment of non real estate assets, real estate vocational studies and market studies for specific projects, such as malls, hotels, residential groups, land developments and condominiums, among others.
- Programa de Tecnologia de Habitação (Housing Technology Program)
Coordinated by the Studies and Projects Financing Agency (Finep – Financiadora de Estudos e Projetos), the purpose of the Habitare program is to encourage the improvement of knowledge in the field of technology of built spaces, supporting scientific, technological and innovation researches that cater to the country’s housing sector modernization needs.
- Ministério do Meio Ambiente (Ministry of the Environment)
Aims at promoting the adoption of principles and strategies to protect and use the environment, and to insert the sustainable development in the formulation and implementation of public policies.
- Instituto Brasileiro do Meio Ambiente e dos Recursos Naturais Renováveis – Ibama (Brazilian Institute of the Environment and Renewable Natural Resources)
Linked to the Ministry of the Environment, Ibama is responsible for the implementation of research activities, for the diffusion of knowledge, besides actions of prevention and control, including the inspection of the usage of natural resources in the country.
- Conselho Nacional do Meio Ambiente – Conama (National Environmental Council)
Consulting and deliberative body of the National Environmental System – Sisnama (Sistema Nacional do Meio Ambiente), instituted by Law 6,938/81, which legislates on the National Environmental Policy, regulated by Decree number 99,274/90. It is Conama’s responsibility, among other things, to establish norms and criteria for the licensing of effectively or potentially polluting activities and determine, when it deems necessary, the study of alternatives and of possible consequences arising from public or private projects.
- Agência Nacional de Águas- Ana (Water Department)
Autarchy linked to the Ministry of the Environment, whose purpose is to implement, in the sphere of its attributions, the National Policy of Water Resources, creating technical conditions for its implementation, promoting the decentralized and participatory management, implementing management tools and searching for adequate solutions for problems such as prolongued droughts and the rivers’ pollution.
- Secretaria Estadual do Meio Ambiente (State Secretariat of the Environment)
Its main activity is the management of the State’s environmental quality. It seeks the protection, the control and the development of the environment, encouraging the appropriate usage of natural resources.
- Companhia Ambiental do Estado de São Paulo – Cetesb (São Paulo State Environmental Company)
Linked to the Secretariat of the Environment, Cetesb develops programs for the control, inspection and monitoring of the environmental quality of the air, the water and the soil. It keeps permanent activities such as the licensing and the inspection of fixed and mobile sources of pollutant emissions, and the monitoring of the quality of the air, of interior superficial waters, of underground waters and of the waters of beaches for recreation, including the interior ones.
- Departamento de Águas e Energia Elétrica – DAEE (Deparment of Waters and Electric Energy)
Managing body of water resources in the State of São Paulo. To better develop its activities and perform its attributions as established by law, the DAEE acts in a decentralized manner serving municipalities, users and citizens, executing the State of São Paulo’s Water Resources Policy, and coordinating the Integrated System of Hydric Resource Management, according to Law number 7,663/91. It adopts hydrographic basins as physical-territorial units of planning and management.
- Sistema de Informações para o Gerenciamento de Recursos Hídricos do Estado de São Paulo – SIGRH (Information System for the Management of Water Resources in the State of São Paulo)
The SIGRH is a portal of access to consultation, communication and knowledge bases related to the management of Water Resources in the State of São Paulo. Its objective is to collect, store and publish specific information from committees that form the Integrated System for the Management of Water Resources, creating conditions so that these information can be shared in all of the State’s geographic units.
- Conselho Estadual de Meio Ambiente – Consema (State Environment Council)
Entity geared towards the monitoring and assessment of the environmental policy, in which refers to the preservation, conservation, recovery and defense of the environment, from the establishment of environmental norms and standards, to the evaluation of Impact Studies and Reports on the Environment.
- Agência de Água da Bacia Hidrográfica dos Rios Piracicaba, Capivari e Jundiaí – PCJ (Water Department of the Piracicaba, Capivari and Jundiaí’s Hydrographic Basin – PCJ)
Department responsible for the management of water resources, comprising, totally or partially, territories from 60 municipalities in São Paulo and 4 municipalities in Minas Gerais. Among other attributions, the Agency is responsible for the collection for the water usage, according to the precepts of Law number 9,433/97, which instituted the National Policy of Water Resources.
- Comitês das Bacias Hidrográficas do Piracicaba, Capivari e Jundiaí (Committees of the Piracicaba, Capivari and Jundiaí Hydrographic Basins)
Among its attributions we have: approving proposals for the application of financial funds in water resources management services and works; approving the proposal for the plan of usage, conservation, protection and recovery of the hydrographic basin’s water resources; promoting agreements, cooperation and eventual conciliations among the water resources’ users; promoting studies, publishings and debates regarding service and works’ programs to be perform for the collectivity.
► Soil Planning and Usage
- Ministério das Cidades (Ministry of Municipalities)
Takes care of the urban development policy and of housing, environmental sanitation, urban transportation and traffic sectorial policies. Through Caixa Econômica Federal, the funds’ operator, the Ministry works together with states, municipalities, social movements, non-governmental organizations, private sectors and other society segments.
- Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística – IBGE (Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics)
Being a federal public administration institution, subordinated to the Ministry of Planning, Budgeting and Management, IBGE produces and analyzes social, demographic and economic information, also acting in the structuring and implementation of a system with environmental information and in the coordination of national statistical and cartographic systems.
- Instituto Brasileiro de Administração Municipal – Ibam (Brazilian Institute of Municipal Administration)
Being a non-profit organization with a non-governmental nature, Ibam develops studies and researches related to the municipal and urban problems, in the scope of the regional and national development. Besides, it offers technical consultations and develops teaching activities, both with physical attendance or at a long distance. The agency’s actions are executed along with the City Government and Municipal Chambers, bodies from municipal, state and federal governments, and national and foreign institutions.
- Secretaria de Estado de Planejamento e Desenvolvimento Regional (State Secretary of Economy and Planning)
Organizes and manages the State’s sectorial-regional planning system, promoting the articulation of the Government’s several bodies in the formulation of public policies for the economic and social development. Coordinates and elaborates the Budget Guidelines Law, the Multiannual Plan, the State Budget and the activities for the State Program of Public-Private Partnerships, with the purpose of promoting investments in fundamental areas and improving the quality of the public services rendered. It is also responsible for the executive secretariat of the Privatization State Program. The bodies mentioned below are linked to the State Secretariat of Economy and Planning.
- Centro de Estudos e Pesquisas da Administração Municipal – Cepam (Municipal Administration’s Center of Studies and Researches)
Provides technical assistance to the Municipal Chambers and municipalities in the State of São Paulo, in the administrative, juridical and financial areas. Besides serving the municipal executive and legislative powers, it promotes activities for the training of public servers and administrators and implements public policy programs, such as those directed to the central municipalities of prison units, for example.
- Empresa Paulista de Planejamento Metropolitano – Emplasa (São Paulo Company for the Metropolitan Planning)
Elaborates studies and gathers statistical, cartographic and institutional information, with the objective of assisting the decision-making of public and private entities which work in the three metropolitan regions that the State currently has (Great São Paulo, Baixada Santista and Campinas). Provides technical assistance to metropolitan municipalities in the elaboration of technical records, directing plans, generic value plants of land and buildings, regional and sub-regional plans, among others.
- Fundação Sistema Estadual de Análise de Dados – Seade (Data Analysis State System Foundation)
Center for socioeconomic and demographic researches, analyses and statistics on the State of São Paulo, responsible for the creation of procedures and methodologies nationally recognized in surveys on the job market, economic activity, life conditions, vital statistics and municipal public administration.
- Instituto Geográfico e Cartográfico – IGC (Geographic and Cartographic Institute)
Works in the methodological and technological area, in the cartography field; develops geographic research projects and is responsible for issues related to the State’s territorial-administrative scope; offers geographic and cartographic information and products regarding the State of São Paulo.
- Sistema Nacional de Informações sobre Saneamento – SNIS (National System of Information on Sanitation)
Developed by the National Secretariat of Environmental Sanitation of the Ministry of Municipalities, the SNIS is based on a database which contains information with operational, management and financial nature on the rendering of water and sewage services, and on the handling services of urban solid residue.
- Agência Nacional de Águas – Ana (Water Department)
Autarchy linked to the Ministry of the Environment, whose purpose is to implement, in its sphere of attributions, the National Policy of Hydric Resources, creating technical conditions for its implementation, promoting the decentralized and participatory management, implementing management tools and searching for adequate solutions for problems such as prolongued droughts and the contamination of rivers.
- Secretaria Estadual de Saneamento e Energia (State of São Paulo Sanitation and Energy Secretariat)
The State of São Paulo Sanitation and Energy Secretariat is responsible for the basic sanitation state policy planning and execution throughout the state of Sao Paulo, which comprises water collection, aduction, treatment and distribution; sewage collection, removal, treatment and final disposal, solid waste collection, transportation and disposal. It also carries out the study, planning, construction and operation of infrastructure works for water resources, and provides support to the municipalities of the state in their areas of performance.
- Sistema de Informações para o Gerenciamento de Recursos Hídricos do Estado de São Paulo – SIGRH (State of São Paulo Water Resources Management Information System)
The State of São Paulo Water Resources Management Information System (SIGRH) is a homepage to access consultation, communications and knowledge bases related to management of water resources of the state of São Paulo. Its purpose is to collect, store and advertise specific information of the committees that compose the Integrated System of Water Resources Management, creating conditions so that this information can be shared in all the geographical units of the state.
- Agência Reguladora de Saneamento e Energia do Estado de São Paulo – Arsesp (State of São Paulo Sanitation and Energy Regulatory Agency)
Linked to the State of São Paulo Sanitation and Energy Secretariat, the State of São Paulo Sanitation and Energy Regulatory Agency (Arsesp) has, among other attributions, the function of regulating and supervising the sanitation services of state ownership, as well as those of municipal ownership that may be delegated to it by São Paulo municipalities which express such interest.
- Agência de Água da Bacia Hidrográfica dos Rios Piracicaba, Capivari e Jundiaí – PCJ (Piracicaba, Capivari and Jundiaí River Basin Water Agency)
The Piracicaba, Capivari and Jundiaí River Basin Water Agency (PCJ) is the Agency responsible for management of water resources, comprising, either totally or partially, territories of 60 municipalities of São Paulo and four from Minas Gerais. Among other attributions, the Agency is responsible for charging the water use, according to the precepts of the Law 9.433/97, which established the National Policy for Water Resources.
- Comitês das Bacias Hidrográficas do Piracicaba, Capivari e Jundiaí (Piracicaba, Capivari and Jundiaí River Basin Committees)
The Piracicaba, Capivari and Jundiaí River Basin Committees have among their duties to approve proposals of investment of financial funds in services and works of water resources management; approve the proposed plan of using, conserving, protecting and restoring the water resources of the basin, promote understanding, cooperation and eventual conciliation between users of water resources, promoting studies, dissemination and debate of the service and work programs to be carried out in the interest of the community.
- Companhia de Saneamento Básico do Estado de São Paulo – Sabesp (State of São Paulo Basic Sanitation Company)
The State of São Paulo Basic Sanitation Company (Sabesp), concessionaire of sanitary services, is responsible for planning, construction and operation of water and sewage (domestic and industrial) systems in 366 municipalities of São Paulo, among which Hortolândia, Itatiba, Monte Mor and Paulinia. In other municipalities of the Campinas Metropolitan Region, the operation of the system of water supply and sewage treatment is made through the direct administration of the Municipal Government or from other service providers of basic sanitation, according to the list below.
- Companhia de Desenvolvimento de Nova Odessa (Nova Odessa Development Company)
- Departamento de Água e Esgoto de Americana (Americana Water and Sewage Department)
- Departamento de Água e Esgoto de Santa Bárbara d’Oeste (Santa Bárbara d´Oeste Water and Sewage Department)
- Departamento de Água e Esgoto de Sumaré (Sumaré Water and Sewage Department)
- Departamento de Águas e Esgoto de Valinhos (Valinhos Water and Sewage Department)
- Prefeitura de Artur Nogueira – Saean (Municipal Government of Artur Nogueira)
- Prefeitura de Cosmópolis (Municipal Government of Cosmópolis)
- Prefeitura de Engenheiro Coelho (Municipal Government of Engenheiro Coelho)
- Prefeitura de Holambra (Municipal Government of Holambra)
- Prefeitura de Jaguariúna (Municipal Government of Jaguariúna)
- Prefeitura de Pedreira (Municipal Government of Pedreira)
- Prefeitura de Santo Antonio de Posse (Municipal Government of Santo Antonio de Posse)
- Sanebavi – Vinhedo
- Serviço Autônomo de Água e Esgotos de Indaiatuba (Autonomous Service of Water and Sewage of Indaiatuba)
- Sociedade de Abastecimento de Água e Saneamento S.A. – Sanasa (Water Supply and Sanitation Corporation)
- Ministério da Saúde (Ministry of Health)
Its main attributions are to manage the national health policy; coordinate and supervise the Brazilian Health Care System; to promote the environmental health and actions of protection and recovery of individual and collective health; disseminate health information; provide critical inputs to healt; to promote preventive action in general, sanitary surveillance and control of borders and seaports, riverports and airports; to establish surveillance activities in health; encourage scientific and technological research in health care.
- Departamento de Informática del SUS – Datasus (Brazilian Health Care System Department of Information Science)
Its main responsibility is to collect, process and disseminate health information nationwide. Its main lines of activity are the dissemination of heath information; the development of health information systems necessary to SUS; the development, selection and spread of information technologies for health, appropriate to the country; supporting the qualification of the state and municipal health secretariats for the absorption of the information systems in their level of competence.
- Cadastro Nacional dos Estabelecimentos de Saúde – Cnes (National Registry of Health Establishments)
Developed by entities linked to the Ministry of Health, Cnes aims at providing information about the current conditions of infrastructure and operation of the health facilities in the Federal, State and Municipal spheres. It includes information from health facilities regarding its physical area, human resources, equipment and ambulatory and hospital services.
- Fundação Nacional de Saúde – Funasa (National Health Foundation)
Executive entity of the Ministry of Health, Funasa aims at promoting social inclusion by means of sanitation, carring out prevention and control of diseases and damages caused by lack or inadequacy in the basic sanitation conditions in areas of special interest such as settlements, remaining of quilombos and extractivist reserves. It is also responsible for promoting and protecting the health of indigenous peoples.
- Fundação Jorge Duprat Figueiredo de Segurança e Medicina do Trabalho – Fundacentro (Jorge Duprat Figueiredo Foundation of Occupational Safety and Health)
The Jorge Duprat Figueiredo Foundation of Occupational Safety and Health (FUNDACENTRO), linked to the Ministry of Labor and Employment, aims at developing studies and research and carry out activities of formation, improvement, qualification and technical support in the areas of safety, hygiene, environment and labor medicine.
- Rede Interagencial de Informações para a Saúde – Ripsa
Its purpose is to promote timely and adequate availability of basic data, indicators and analysis on health conditions and their trends, aiming at improving the ability of formulation, management and evaluation of relevant public policies and actions.
- Secretaria Estadual da Saúde (State Secretariat of Health)
The State Secretariat of Health is responsible for the formulation of the Health State Policy and its guidelines, as well as the articulation and planning of actions developed by the 17 Regional Health Departments of the State. It also carries out control on the occurrence of diseases and endemic diseases in the state and on the quality of medicines, exams, food, hygiene and adequacy of facilities which serve the public.
- Fundação Sistema Estadual de Análise de Dados – Seade (State Data Analysis System Foundation)
Subordinated to the Secretariat of Economics and Planning, Seade Foundation is a center of socioeconomic and demographic research, analysis and statistics on the state of São Paulo. Among several attributions it performs the tabulation of the microdata of the civil registry of the state, which allows access to the information on deaths – with the possibility of separation by gender, age, cause of death, etc. – and births occurred in the state, in their municipalities, regions and districts of the capital.
- Centro Latino-Americano e do Caribe de Informação em Ciências da Saúde – Bireme (Latin American and Caribbean Center on Health Sciences Information)
Specialized Center of the Pan American Health Organization, aims at promoting technical cooperation in health information with the countries and among Latin America and Caribbean countries, in order to develop the means and capacities to provide equitable access to the relevant and updated technical-scientific information on health.
► Public Safety
- Ministério da Justiça (Ministry of Justice)
Operates in the following areas: defense of the legal order, political rights and constitutional guarantees; narcotics, public safety; defense of the national economic order and of consumer rights; legal, judicial and extrajudicial rights of the poor; repression to money laundering and juridical international cooperation, among others.
- Ibcrim – Instituto Brasileiro de Ciências Criminais (Brazilian Institute of Criminal Sciences)
Non-profit, non-governmental entity, whose purpose is the defense of human rights, minorities and the outcast. Performs specialized work in the field of criminal science and within the sphere of professional, political, continued studies and research development, as well as in the rendering of services to the community.
- Secretaria Estadual da Segurança Pública (State Secretariat of Public Safety)
Its role is to manage the Civil Police, the Military Police, the State Traffic Department (Detran – Departamento Estadual de Trânsito) and the Technical-Scientific Police Superintendency in the entire State of São Paulo. The State Traffic Council and the Community Safety Council also report to the Secretariat of Public Safety.
- Acervos de Dados em Segurança Pública (Collection of Data on Public Safety)
Statistical data on incidents and investigations registered in the police units of the State of São Paulo starting in the year of 1984, besides legislation documents, texts, maps, studies and researches related to justice and safety.
- Núcleo de Estudos da Violência da Universidade de São Paulo (Center of Studies on Violence, University of São Paulo)
Develops research projects, continuing education programs and activities geared towards the promotion and protection of human rights, as well as the denouncement of human rights violations.
► Transportations and Highway System
- Ministério dos Transportes (Ministry of Transports)
Formulates, coordinates and supervises the national policy of railway, highway and waterway transports; participates in the coordination of airline transports; elaborates and supervises, in articulation with other entities, the execution of the policy regarding the Merchant Marine Fund. Next are some of the entities that linked to it:
- Departamento Nacional de Infraestrutura de Transportes – DNIT (National Department of Transports’ Infrastructure)
- Agência Nacional de Transportes Aquaviários – Antaq (National Agency of Waterway Transports)
- Agência Nacional de Transportes Terrestres – ANTT (National Agency of Terrestrial Transports)
- Companhia Docas do Estado de São Paulo – Codesp (São Paulo State Docks Company )
Linked to the Special Secretariat of Ports, Codesp’s purpose is to perform the administration and commercial exploration of the Santos’ Port, through the coordination and inspection of the port activity and its role as a regulating agent in the mediation of conflicts, in the ordering of leases and port operations.
- Secretaria Estadual dos Transportes Metropolitanos (State Secretariat of Metropolitan Transports)
Executes the urban passengers’ transports state policy for metropolitan regions, comprising the subway, railway, bus and trolleybus systems, as well as other modal divisions of metropolitan interest. Organizes, coordinates, operates and inspects the metropolitan system for the public transportation of passengers, and promotes it with municipalities that form the metropolitan regions.
- Secretaria Estadual dos Transportes (State Secretariat of Transports)
Coordinates the means of transportation under the responsibility of the State; organizes and operates transportation entities or systems owned by the State; analyzes, proposes and inspects the fare changes of the various means of transportation; approves, controls and executes technical-economical, financial and administrative plans which correspond to the several transporation systems. Next are the entites under its responsibility.
- Departamento de Estradas de Rodagem – DER (Roadways Department)
Responsible for the administration of the highway grid and also for the program for the pavement and recovery of neighboring roads, executed through agreements with municipalities in São Paulo.
- Desenvolvimento Rodoviário S.A. – Dersa (Highway Development)
Plays a role in the highway and maritime modals, managing and operationg the grid formed by highways Hélio Smidt, Caminho do Mar, Road Ring Magalhães Teixeira and Rodoanel Mário Covas, besides the crossings at the Central, Northern and Southern coast of the State.
- Agência Reguladora de Serviços Públicos Delegados de Transporte do Estado de São Paulo – Artesp (Regulatory Agency of Delegated Transportation Public Services from the State of São Paulo)
Responsible for the regulation and inspection of works and services from concessionaries that are part of the Highway Concessions Program, as well as permitted services of intermunicipal transportation of passengers.
- Companhia Docas de São Sebastião – CDSS (São Sebastião Docks Company)
Its purpose is to manage and develop the infrastructure in the Port of São Sebastião, including what concerns activities for the construction, renewal, extension, improvement, maintenance, lease and exploration of its installations.
- Departamento Hidroviário – DH (São Paulo Waterway Department)
Plans and implements the State’s waterway infrastructure; maintains the outline of navigation routes in its area of competency, monitors and inspects waterway transportation operations; intermediates conflicts among users and operators and encourages the utilization of the waterway as a transportation modal. Since 1995, it is responsible for the administration and planning of the Tietê-Paraná Waterway infrastructure.
- Departamento Aeroviário de São Paulo – Daesp (São Paulo Airline Department)
It manages, maitains and explores 31 public airports in the interior of the State of São Paulo, among which are the State Airport Campo dos Amarais, in Campinas.